Thursday, December 18, 2008

Many steps ...

Fertility treatments really show you if you "really" want to have children. For just THIS cycle (or try) we have a lot of appointments and things to do.

I had to call the nurse on day 1 of "that time of the month" then take Clomid days 3-7 to hopefully have my body mature more than one egg. Then on day 12 I have an ultra-sound to look and see if I did in fact have more the one egg mature. Then based off of that ultra-sound I will have the actual treatment done within a few days.

I have an ultra-sound appointment this morning and they will decide to do the treatment most likely Friday or Saturday. What they didn't tell us was that if we have to do the treatment Thursday or Saturday we have to go to thier Seattle office (instead of thier Tacoma office :o). I don't know about you but my husband randomly taking off to Seattle for 3 hours (round trip) during his work day without warning is not exactly looked upon in a favorable way. When I asked the nurse how people are able to do this she said "If you have kids you will have to take sick time, this is similar". I don't think a boss is going to see the "conception" the same way as an actual child you have here as sick but I understood what she meant.

It is hard to juggle everything ... I am very happy we have this opportunity and a part of me feels bad for even complaining. It is just hard when such a basic thing as "conceiving" a child becomes so difficult to "schedule". I hope tomorrow goes well!

No comments: