Thursday, December 18, 2008

First IUI scheduled!

Our First IUI has officially been scheduled for tomorrow!

I went to SRM today, despite the snow ... LOL! The doctor is really nice, he braved the traffic from Seattle and said it was really bad out in that area, so bad his wife was somewhat upset he was braving the "slippery" commute. (LOL, that's kinda funny.)

Well, according to the doctor my uterus this appointment is "textbook" and the fact that I have 2 dominate eggs is "perfect". That was nice to hear! They gave me a shot of HCG in the gluteus maximums to make me ovulate and said to come in for our treatment tomorrow. (Wow, is my bum sore!) My husband has an appointment an hour or so before mine tomorrow to get all of his baby making stuff ready. Then when I come in they will do the actual IUI treatment.

I am excited for the first time in a long time about the actual chance of conceiving. I know they said that our chances with IUI are remote and that we shouldn't get our hopes up too high, it's just hard not to. I often convinced myself I was pregnant when we had slim to no chance on our own, it will be hard not to be bitterly disappointed after doing an actual fertility treatment. (If it doesn't work.)

For right now I am really excited. So much so that even though I didn't get much sleep last night I am way to excited about the prospect of getting pregnant in the next few days to be able to take a nap. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

SummerAnytime said...

Wow, I can't evan imagine what you are going through, talk about an emotional rollar coaster! I'm praying for ya. I hope you can enjoy our Christmas break with all you've got going on! See you on the fifth! Becky

Babyquest said...

Thank you sweetie!
Melissa