Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Not sure how I am doing ...

I have been very busy with nursing school. It has been a pretty good distraction from my fertility sorrows until this last week ... we started our OB & pediatrics rotations. Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound by studying about pregnant women and taking care of kids. Ha, ha ... the irony. At least it is a subject I am very interested in!

Today was really hard. It could have been much worse though.

I will explain ...

I basically decided to take this month off of fertility treatments because I was starting nursing school again and was already stressed enough. I am really glad I didn't have a fertility treatment in retrospect because today I was EIGHT days late for my period!!!! I am almost never later than 3 days and the most I have ever been late is 5 days. I have had really bad lower back pain for 3 days straight ... I don't really ever get lower back pain unless I did strenuous lifting or something. I have not done anything that should cause back pain so I don't know what is up with that. I don't really want to think about the possibility of my body spontaneously aborting ... there is nothing I can do about it at this point. I think I will email the nurse at our fertility clinic though to figure out if my 8 day late period is not to outside of normal with the meds I was on for our last fertility treatment. I am very thankful we didn't have a treatment ... I would have been balling if I started after 8 days! Rough day anyway!!!

On the up side, at my clinical rotation at the hospital today I got to watch a Cesarean birth of twin girls and a regular birth of a little boy. It was fun to be a part of. The families and staff were very sweet.
Time for bed, a very busy rest of the week awaits me!

No comments: